Friday, April 12, 2019

Beauty Review: My Face Pressed Powder Journey!


How old are you when you started using face powder?

From a young age, I began with Silky White Magic Face Powder and I'm still using it until today especially when I just staying at home or going to supermarket for grocery shopping.

My favourite is Cool Blue
During my studies, I used SILKYGIRL Magic BB Oil Control Pure Fresh Powder. It definitely has a gentle, natural mattifying effect, and makes my face look fresh upon application and it suits my acne-prone skin because it doesn't cause any breakouts. I believe it has non-drying and breathable formula that's why I was comfortable using it. Also, it provides light but not long-lasting coverage. This is perfect for a student who wants to look fresh in the morning but doesn't want to draw out attention in the class. I also found this small compact powder is convenient because it doesn't take too much of space in my handbag and school bag.

My shade is 03 Rose Beige
About the same year, I also used SILKYGIRL Magic BB White Powder Foundation when attending functions and events. I really love this one because it provides medium coverage that actually lasts long, instant brightening and flawless appearance. It also does a good job in covering my redness, helping to mattify my skin and giving it a more even tone. I love how natural it looked on my skin.

My shade is 03 Medium
I used the above until I hit the pan then I thought I want to try a different brand. I am budget-conscious who prefers not to spend so much on make-up so I purchased ELIANTO Make Up Smooth Wear Face Powder. This one has a light yet creamy texture but it doesn't provide long-lasting coverage. The performance is poor and it's shine free for probably two hours only. It doesn't do a good job in absorbing sweats and excess oil too.

My shade is S03 Medium Beige
Then, I changed back to my trusted brand. This time I purchased SILKYGIRL Magic BB white Chiffon Powder Foundation. I have yet to use this one but upon testing, I can feel that the powder texture is finer and smoother. Just like its predecessor, I am expecting it to have medium and long-lasting coverage.

My shade is 03 Medium
Did you also know different make up tools will give different finished look?
That is why it's important to know how to use it properly.


For a full coverage look, you may use makeup sponge such as BeautyBlender.
For matte finish look, it is best to use a powder puff with loose powder to absorbs oil.
For soft and glowy look, always use powder brush and this is my favourite technique all the time.

You may want to read an article on right ways to apply face powder.

0 flower blossom:

Post a Comment

 

Blooming Violet Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design