Saturday, April 13, 2019

Reusing glass bottles

Since I started to live on my own, I've becoming more creative in reusing certain containers. I'm also getting fancy with glass bottles, glass jars and tin jars.

Today I will be sharing how I reuse the unused glass bottles and turn it into oil dispensers.

Two months ago, we bought Bickford's premium cordials and once it finished, I removed the label and cleaned the bottle. In order for me to turn this into oil dispenser, I'm gonna need oil pour spout.

We bought Peach Iced Tea flavour and it tasted really good! 
Looks fancy, right?
In the beginning, I wanted to buy one from Lazada or Shopee. The price is super cheap but since I'm thrifty, I don't think so the shipping fee is worth it. Some more, I wouldn't know whether the nozzle size fits the bottle opening perfectly or not. Then, I realized that each of olive oil bottle sold in supermarket comes with an oil stopper and I knew my Mom uses olive oil in her cooking and boy, she keeps all the unused glass bottles too. Then, I tried to fit in one of the oil stoppers into my Bickford bottle and it fitted perfectly!


Then, I used the funnel to pour the cooking oil into this bottle
Oh, you must have been wondering why do I need to store my cooking oil inside this glass bottle? Because my husband taught me to purchase Minyak Masak Bersubsidi that is being sold for RM2.50 in 1 kilogram packet. We just started to live on our own anyway, so I guess this cooking oil is fine.

Thank you former government for this initiative!

I reused the Olive Oil bottle to store the remaining of 250ml cooking oil.
As for the glass bottle that doesn't have the cap, I'm turning it into a flower vase just like what I did to that perfume bottle.
At the end of the day, I feel great not only because I managed to save RM60.00 (average price for 500ml Glass Oil Dispenser is RM30.00) but to reduce my ecological footprint as well!

I'm slowly but surely adapting to these 3R activities for a better planet. In fact, my husband and I have started to bring our own shopping bags and in recent grocery shopping trips, we successfully did it without purchasing a single supermarket plastic bag.

0 flower blossom:

Post a Comment

 

Blooming Violet Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design