Thursday, April 11, 2019

Beauty Review: Oatmeal Turmeric Yogurt Mask

Hot-as-hell weather is ongoing in Malaysia and that means it's time for my acne-prone skin to experience summer acne breakout!


I have acne-prone skin and I always find the Malaysia's summer months make the condition worse. On top of that, I experienced bad emotional stress from my previous job. I believe the stress at work created high levels of cortisone hormone, which lead to inflammatory acne mostly in my cheeks area.

Blemished skin in action!
Got a few black spots and closed comedonal acne on my left cheek. It's bearable anyway. 
I can't bear with my right cheeks. Pustule, whitehead, & papule are everywhere!

I am someone who fancy wash-off face mask so much. I personally tailored the facial mask to treat my particular skin condition. In this post, I will be sharing the recipe for oatmeal turmeric yogurt mask!

Let's start with the main ingredients first.
Oatmeal Turmeric Mask & Scrub by Yellow Gorgeous
We all know turmeric has powerful anti-inflammatory and can be quite beneficial for treating acne. This natural and handmade product is specially formulated and blended with other ingredients as well.


Authentic Greek Yogurt by Farm Fresh
This is the cheapest Greek Yogurt available yet it has the highest probiotic count in the market. But trust me, I purchased this brand because of the price only. So, how is Greek yogurt different from regular yogurt?
- Greek yogurt has denser consistency after the watery component is removed.
- Greek yogurt has more protein than regular yogurt.

Always go for original/plain flavor and full-fat yogurt for facial mask
And how does Greek yogurt help in combating the acne?
- The probiotics (the good bacteria) in yogurt aids in destroying the (bad) bacteria in the skin.
- The zinc present in yogurt reduces skin inflammation and also helps in reducing the amount of oil produced by the sebaceous glands.

Next, we will be mixing these two ingredients in a bowl using spatula and facial mask brush.

Greek yogurt is very thick like a plasticine hence you need to mix it very well 
You would notice from the photos above that the amount of yogurt used was little because the mixture of turmeric and yogurt emits a pungent smell hence just a small amount will do. And the mask will dry faster too! A super-thick layer won’t result in a more effective masking session anyway.

Just like applying clay mask, my face was completely frozen and I intentionally applied it right under my eyes to treat the dark circles.
This is my second night applying the mask and I'm still in dilemma whether to apply toner or not after I wash it off. The reason why because I don't want to "disturb/remove" the remaining good bacteria on the skin. Hmmm.

I'm planning to apply this mask daily until the affected areas got treated. I will update the result next week.

0 flower blossom:

Post a Comment

 

Blooming Violet Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design