Friday, March 18, 2016

Ugly Duckling

As I'm passing middle twenties, I started to recognized the importance of having good appearance for all the time. All this while, I only doll up when attending formal events and functions but now, I'll make sure I look presentable whenever I leave the house.

I also started to switch up my wardrobe to have more feminine and lady like's clothing. Previously, if I went out and planning not seeing anyone, I would just put on my jeans, tshirt, tudung bawal and of course, my favourite pair of sneakers. And bare face too! (Application of BB cream doesn't count as a basic makeup)

But not anymore. I will dress up, put a decent amount of makeup to make myself look presentable. One of the many reasons that made me wanna change because I coincidentally stumbled upon friends when going out alone and after we took photos, I realized that I felt so left out. We were in the same age but I felt embarrassed with my childish appearance.

This was taken in early 2015. I didn't even feel self conscious about my appearance which is BAD! 
I also think that young women should know how to put on makeup and taking care of their faces. Because of my sister, I learnt how to put makeup on my own since I was in teenager. At least I know the basic makeup application and now I just need to enhance my makeup skills and experiment more with the makeup kits.

What I would wear today for a casual outing
I no longer wear sneakers for casual outing too!
Shoes play important role too. I think I have get rid of my sneakers and replaced them with wedges and wedge loafers for casual outing. I still prefer closed toe shoes because that's how I keep my feet fair and stay in shape. I never knew the beauty of perfectly shaped feet until my friend pointed it out to me. She said that I have a perfect feet shape and my toes are in neat shape. I guess it was a natural process because I've been wearing socks and sneakers since I was a little girl. I don't wear flip flops too. That's how important closed toe shoes are.

Perfectly shaped feet
My current style. Not very feminine but grown up enough.

0 flower blossom:

Post a Comment

 

Blooming Violet Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design