Friday, March 18, 2016

BEAUTY REVIEW: SKIN FOOD Egg White Pore Mask

Regular cleansing will remove surface dirt and grime, but only a facial mask will actually draw out impurities from beneath the top layers of the epidermis. Masking helps exfoliate dead skin cells and unclog pores so your toning, hydrating and protecting products work more effectively. Masks also help stimulate blood circulation and leave your skin feeling smoother and softer.

Facial masks provide deep nourishment to the skin, so why do so many people neglect this pampering product? Because it takes time—most masks need to remain on the skin for about 15 minutes.


I've just started disciplining myself to use facial mask 2-3 times a week because I have an oily skin. So I purchased Skin Food Egg White Pore Mask because my main concern right now is to minimize my pores. Skin Food claims that this is a pore-refining cleanser with egg white extract that penetrates deeply into pores to remove pore-clogging oil. For your information, egg white is enriched with albumin which promotes firmer skin and smaller pores.

The packaging is cute and handy. I really love the mask texture. It's something like clay kind of texture which is easy to spread. The coverage is good and it doesn't harden very much because it's a wash off mask and I like it. But what bugs people the most is that it doesn't comes with any spatula so it will be a bit messy to apply it on face. Luckily for me, I have a beauty spatula which I got from Nair Hair Removal Cream.

My mask kit - spatula and facial sponge

During application, it gives a refreshing and cooling effect which I really like. The scent is very pleasant too. Although it suggests to apply it for 15 minutes but I will usually wash it off after the cooling effect is gone which can last for 30 minutes and the mask got really dry and turned flaky. I used facial sponge to remove the mask gracefully. 

Me applying the mask and covered in towel hihi

My verdict on this product is, it gives me hydrated and clean sensation on my skin but it doesn't really work on minimizing my pores. But it's too early to say that as I've just started out. Most importantly, it doesn't cause any irritation and break out to my face. 

2 flower blossom:

  1. I've only tried the Rice Scrub Wash Off and the popular Black Sugar Mask from Skinfood. Both are good, I like their scent the most. :D
    Lepas ni nak try yang ni pulak ^_^

    ieyra h. | blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried the Rice Scrub Wash Off too. It's very mild to me I guess but I really like the scent. Thanks for dropping by! :)

      Delete

 

Blooming Violet Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design