Friday, April 22, 2016

Apple of My Eye

Nothing makes my heart giddy up when he called me tonight (without me requesting the night call) because it's been a week since the last time we saw each other and we didn't talk much because he's been working on a new project - shooting a telemovie.

Our daily texts are mainly morning and night wishes because he really doesn't have time to text me (obviously it's impossible for him to do so because he handles big camera all the time). Some days, he would try to find some time to text me (although I really don't mind if he couldn't but how can I say no when he is the first one that initiates the conversation). As for me, the only way for me to get his attention is when I send him my photo and telling him I'm going out with friends, and the first thing he would ask is with who and is it girl friend or guy friend. I really don't mind when he acts that way because at least I know he cares. When he gets back home and settles down, I will try my best to keep our conversation short, light and easy before he goes to sleep because he only got a few hours to sleep and rest. 

And tonight, his housemate was being naughty, We were talking on the phone when he suddenly barged into his room and shout:

Housemate: Weh! Cakap dengan Balqis ke tu? Balqis sihat tak? Kirim salam kat Balqis tau!
Him: Bukanlah!
Housemate: Aik? Bukan Balqis ke?
Him: Haa yerlah yerlah. Cakap dengan Balqis la ni.
Me: ............ (and I began to overthink)

After he chased away his housemate from his room and got back to me;

Me: Siapa Balqis?
Him: Takder sapalah. Entah sapa-sapa pun.
Me: Habis tu kenapa housemate you sebut nama Balqis? Kawan korang ke?
Him: Taklah. Dia saja nak kacau kita. Dia nak you marah I.
Me: Hmmm.. ye ker ni? Bitau je lah. Siapa Balqis tu?
Him: Dah cakap dah kan. Haa! Tak percaya kat orang eh?

Damn housemate! 

We then continued talking until he fell asleep. I knew we are still new but I appreciate his selflessness towards me. He fell sick last week because he didn't get enough rest like he would always have. He would stayed up just to layan me on the phone and woke up very early in the next morning for work. I feel bad and that's why I'm trying not to interrupt his rest time now. Although he didn't say he misses me but I knew, he called me because he did.

I guess it wasn't that hard for me to understand his career as a cameraman cum wedding videographer. He is working with Manggis Production, one of the pioneers in Malaysia's wedding cinematography. Honestly, I didn't know much about media and entertainment industry especially the production people. But because of him, I began to learn and understand the career path and future potential as a cameraman. And I must say, I'm proud with his career, what he had done and what is he currently working on. Although he would complain to me his job is very tiring, he coudn't get enough of rest and so on but he is doing the job that he's passionate about, and this is the kind of man that I want to be with; he knows what he wants and he pursues it.

Currently, he's working with Ghaz Abu Bakar, one of Malaysian's leading film and music video director, producing a telemovie titled Lampu Merah. This is his first time involved in film making and he gotta learn new things. Fortunately, I have interest in film making, videography, cinematography, and whatnot, so I know some of the big shots and the things they do. I remember one of the conversations that we had; we talked about local films, the good ones, bad ones, and that was my first time to see him lighten up talking about something and he told me how Thailand and Indonesia have great cinematographers and dynamic film production.

I guess, my soul really belongs to creative people and I couldn't help it but feeling proud of him.

0 flower blossom:

Post a Comment

 

Blooming Violet Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design